Welcome to the Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community across Canada. Please subscribe to any of the forums so that you can be alerted when someone posts a new discussion. You can do so by visiting a forum page i.e. 'Ask a Member', and then click the 'Subscribe' button in the top right corner.

Refer To Me – Grow Your Referral Network Discussion Forums Ask a Member Psychotherapists Labour Mobility – Registering in Ontario

  • Psychotherapists Labour Mobility – Registering in Ontario

    Posted by Steven Butler, M.Ed., LCT, CCC on April 18, 2023 at 2:29 pm

    Hi Folks!

    I’m currently registered in a regulated province (LCT – Licensed Counselling Therapist in New Brunswick) and I’ve read a lot of information on the Labour Mobility application form on the CRPO website.

    I’m wondering if anyone has experience moving from one regulated province (NS/NB/PEI/Quebec) to Ontario and would be willing to share their experience? Although I’ve read through the website multiple times I have multiple questions if anyone has experience with this.

    Thanks so much for any insight you might be able to lend.

    Christine Janev replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Christine Janev

    April 19, 2023 at 12:03 pm

    Hi Steven, I have not had this experience but I am wondering why with a CCC you would need the CRPO to practice in Ontario? CCC allows you to practice across Canada. My personal feeling and professional knowledge is that if you are registered as a mental health practitioner in Ontario you can practice as a mental health professional. The ‘title’ is the issue with the CRPO and with the Ontario College of Social Workers, so as long as you do not call yourself a Registered Psychotherapist then a ‘Psychotherapist’ would still be okay. Belonging to a college is necessary for the protection of the public and to help guide us regarding best practices. Hope that helps!



Thanks for using our Refer To Me health professionals directory to find help.

In your message please let the professional to whom you are writing know whether you are looking for individual, couple or family help. If there’s a specific area of concern, please mention this, too. Also, you may want to enquire as to whether or not the Refer To Me health professional is available in person or online only.

Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. If you do not hear back from the professional, please contact support@refertome.ca so that we can assist you. 

Refer To Me does not read or retain your email. However, a copy will be sent to you for your records. Please be aware that email is not a secure means of communication and spam filters may prevent your email from reaching the health professional. If you haven’t heard from the health professional within 48 hours, please contact us so that we may assist.